Uttarakhand Goverment Portal, India (External Website that opens in a new window) http://india.gov.in, the National Portal of India (External Website that opens in a new window)

Municipal DSM

Print

Identifying the immense energy saving potential in municipal sector, BEE initiated Municipal Demand Side Management (MuDSM) during XI plan. The basic objective of the project was to improve the overall energy efficiency of the ULBs, which could lead to substantial savings in the electricity consumption, thereby resulting in cost reduction/savings for the ULBs

Implementation of the project at the ground level is highly necessary which will create a market transformation among technology provider, implementing partners, financial institutions etc. In view of these facts, it is proposed that implementation of demo projects in 15 ULBs will be undertaken on pilot basis during XII plan. In addition, technical support will be provided to the ULBs by appointing technical experts to selected ULBs.

1)      Replacement of inefficient  Street light with energy efficient  Street light at Haldwani, Nainital

UREDA with the financial support from BEE has replaced HPSL with LED lights at Nagar Palika, Haldwani. The 577 nos.  high  pressure  sodium vapour  street  lights of  250  watt  each  have been  replaced  with energy efficient 74  watts LED  lamps at Nagar Palika, Haldwani, Nainital.

 

  Annual Saving in MUs

Particulars

Total previous Load  in KW

Present Load after implementing EC Project

Saving in KW

Duration of load/per day

Annual Saving in MWH

Replacement     of      577 HPSL  Street light with energy  efficient  LED Street light

144.25

42.70

101.55

12

444.80

Total energy saving in MUs is 0.44 MUs

 

2)      Replacement of inefficient Street light with energy efficient Street light at Mussoorrie.

UREDA with the financial support from Power Finance Corporation (PFC) has replaced Sodium Street Lamps with LED  Street lights at municipal area of Mussoorrie. 500 HPSL  street lights of capacity 250 Watt each have been  replaced  with  500  energy  efficient  LED   street lights at  Mussorrie Municipal area, Mussorrie.

Annual Saving in MUs

Particulars

Total previous Load  in KW

Present Load after implementing EC Project

Saving in KW

Duration of load/per day

Annual Saving  (in MWH)

Replacement of 500 inefficient    Street   light with  energy  efficient Street light

125

37

88

12

385.44

Total energy saving in MUs is 0.39 MUs

 

 

 

 

3)      Replacement of inefficient Street light with energy efficient Street light at Chakrata Road, Dehradun.

Energy Efficient Street Lighting in the City of Dehradun Under this project total 86 Nos. 70 Watt LED based Energy Efficient Street Lights have been installed in place of 150W HPSV Street lights at Chakrata Road, Dehradun for a distance of 2.0 kms. The project has been implemented by Municipal Corporation, Dehradun. The total cost of the project is Rs. 86.45 Lakhs out of which 75% funds has been provided by BEE and remaining 25% funds borne by Municipal Corporation, Dehradun. The project has been commissioned and has become a prime source for demonstrating the usefulness of LED Street Lights in the City.

The saving of 60269 units of electricity has been observed during last year.